Design Team Challenge with Stacy Cohen WIN a RAK!!

This is called "Anything but the kitchen sink." The challenge is to use any item found in a kitchen *except* for the kitchen sink (because then it would be hard to fit your layout in a page protector ). You have to use at least one or more non-scrapbooking items from your kitchen.

Here's my layout:
Here's what I used:
*COFFEE FILTERS -- I cut and punched flowers from coffee filters. I sprayed and painted them with Shimmerz paint and Spritz, then I layered the flowers on top of each other.

*CHEESECLOTH -- I cut out flower shapes and added them to my coffee filter flowers

*PLASTIC COFFEE CAN LID -- I punched flowers and cut out leaves from the plastic lids, then I colored the plastic with alcohol ink and Staz-On ink.

*INSTANT COFFEE -- I mixed a little instant coffee with gesso (thanks for the tip, Wendela!) and painted around the edges of the photos. The plain white gesso was a little too stark for my Photoshopped photos so the added coffee grounds helped tone down the color a bit.

*TWINE FROM THE KITCHEN JUNK DRAWER -- I hand-stitched the twine around the border of the layout, then I painted it with Shimmerz for a little sparkle.

*CARDBOARD COFFEE CUP JACKET/INSULATOR -- I punched a couple little butterflies out of the cardboard, then I added some Stickles and pearls.
I will randomly pick a name from everyone who participates in this challenge, and the winner will receive this assortment of lace from me (there are 20+ yards of lace included):


What a fun RAK Stacy. Be sure to upload your projects to the gallery and to Stacy's thread here by midnight on June 27th in order to be eligible to win.It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with. Have fun!

No comments: