Layout of the Week by Stacy!

Today's Layout of the Week is actually an altered project from Karla Smith, our resident vintage finds girl. She has a blog dedicated to her vintage finds which you can follow here.

Here is what Karla had to say about her project. "This is what I found at my Yard Sales this weekend, an Antique Purse Top and Chain, I used this for the G45 Challenge this month. This little purse opens and has a mirror inside. I am trying these Roses of Stacy's."


To see more of Karla's vintage inspired gallery, click here.

Here is a little interview Stacy had with Karla so you can get to know her a little better.

1. How long have you been scrapbooking? I have been scrapbooking since the Mid 1990's . I did put it down until my DGD was born in 2004. I really took off with it in 2007, when I found online scrapbooking here at AMM.
2. What non-scrapbooking items do you like to use on your pages? I have been an eclectic gal since I was very young. I love collecting vintage jewelry, which quite often find their way into my scrapbook pages.
3. How long does it take you to finish a layout? I am quite a slow scrapper. It can take me from 1 day to 1 week to finish a page depending on the type of layout. Vintage or heritage pages take me up to a week.
4. What food do you like to snack on when you scrap? I usually don't eat while scrapping but I do love my coffee, any time I work on my projects.
5. Who or what inspires you? My inspiration comes from looking through galleries, blogs, and magazines. But what really gets me inspired to do a scrapbook page, or project, seems to come from my line of work, I am always coming across cool vintage items, which I want to incorporate into my projects. I know exactly what I want to do with it. I have a notebook of pending projects. I hope to finish them all.

Thanks so much Stacy and Karla!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great bag Stacy.Love it.
greetings,Lean

Janet's Joy said...

Yayyy Karla! Congrats on LOTW!! How original your project is!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Beeler! I loved this when I saw it! You rock altered items girl!

Unknown said...

Congrats Beeler! I loved this when I saw it! You rock altered items girl!