Little Something Sunday with Staci Taylor

In keeping with the St. Patrick's Day theme, I am going to show you how to make a cute St. Patty's Day card using a homemade stamp (out of a potato).


Instructions:
To make the stamp, you will start by cutting one end off of your potato. I used a small red potato as the size was easy to handle. I used a heart punch to make a heart template out of paper, and I placed my heart on top of the cut, flat side of my potato.

I then used a sharp knife to trace around the heart and cut out around it.

I blotted the excess moisture off of my new stamp, and I covered the heart with green acrylic paint.

Next, I used my stamp to make a three-leaf clover. I stamped three hearts with the pointed ends together, and then I used my paintbrush to draw a stem.

Now that I had my clover, I was ready to make my card. Since I didn't have green letter stickers, I used a green spray ink on top of letter sticker masks.

Finally, I added my clover paper to pretty matching paper and embellished with letter stamps, a button and ribbon.
Happy St. Patty's Day, everyone!

No comments: