Member Monday with Jenn Findlay

Welcome to a new Member Monday! This week's Layout of the Week was chosen by your blog hostess with the mostest-ME! I chose this super cute layout from Andrea Wiebe. She used some American Crafts product that she won at our big Anniversary celebration last October! I love the overall design of this and especially how she backed the Thickers with patterned paper for her title making it op off the page visually.

"5 Cent Collection" by Andrea Wiebe


So I sent Andrea little email asking her a few questions to help us all get to know her a little better, so read on and don't forget to leave her some love here on this post and in the gallery!

1. Describe your process for creating a layout. Where do you start? What inspires you? Before I start a layout I look through my pattern paper and find a couple pieces that really inspire me. I love to start with pattern paper to establish a colour scheme that I'm happy with. Once that is found I start going through my pictures, I have so many pictures, printed and stored on my computer, that I rarely have a hard time picking a couple to use! I then pick out a lot of embellishments. I like to pick more than I know I'll need because it makes the planning go so much faster. At this point I'll start on my journaling, this will make coming up with the title so much easier. Finally I'll lay everything out, not gluing anything down until I'm 100% sure that's where I want it, I usually walk away and then come back to it. When I'm ready to go I glue like crazy and it's done :)

2. What are some of your favorite products and/or tools to use? My favorite products are any papers from American Crafts...they provide instant inspiration and everything matches just perfectly!Mini albums make great projects for gifts or display, it's much easier to share a mini album of your vacation or thoughts with friends and loved ones so they don't feel intimidated by a huge 12 X 12 album. Maya Road minis are my favorite and with all the shapes there is totally something for everyone.I also love my punches, embroidery floss, and buttons!

3. Do you have any other hobbies aside from scrapbooking? Quilting has been something I've been doing for years and really enjoy a lot. I enjoy cooking and baking as well. Boating in the summer is a favorite family activity.

4. What do you do when you are lacking inspiration? If I want to scrapbook but I don't have the inspiration I'll look though a book or an online gallery. It's crazy because after a couple of minutes the inspiration will just hit and off I go! When I'm working on a layout and the inspiration runs out I'll put my work aside and either relax with a cup of tea, go for a walk, or finish up a chore. At times the inspiration leaves because I'll be thinking about that load of laundry I need to fold, or dinner needs to be started, so if I just go do it I'll be all fresh to think about the layout in front of me.

5. Any particular treats or music you have to have on hand when creating? I'm so messy I cannot eat and scrapbook...but I like to keep a cup of tea or a glass of water near. If I do get the munchies I grab some rice crackers, I'm doing Weight Watchers so paper crafting works great for not snacking too much!

Thanks so much Andrea. You can visit Andrea's blog here for more inspiration!

No comments: