Little Something Sunday with Staci Taylor

Today I am going to show you how to make this little flowerpot.


Homemade flowers seem to be all the rage right now, so I made some of my own to jazz up this flowerpot for my daughter to collect her spring flowers in. I started with a small pot I found from the dollar spot at Target.


Although the pot was cute to begin with, I didn't want the star to show, so I covered as much of the base as I could with paper.


I think paper roses are so pretty, and a gal at Teresa Collins' booth at CHA explained the spiral method to me, so I decided to give it a go - I love the result! The first thing you need to do is cut or punch a circle. I used my largest circle punch (3 inches).

Next, you need to cut the circle in a spiral all the way to the center.

Then, starting from the outside of the spiral, start rolling the paper tightly in toward the center. Make sure that you keep the side up that you want to show on the flower petals.


Once you've rolled your paper all the way to the center, gently let go so that it opens up and unwinds a bit. Once you have your rose open at the desired amount, glue the outside petal to the bottom of the flower.


At this point, feel free to experiment. You can add paint, glitter or spray ink to your flower or leave it as it is. I sprayed some Pearl Glimmer Mist to mine to give them a bit of sparkle and to allow me to bend the leaves out a bit. Once you have the amount of roses you need to make a border around your flowerpot, simply glue them on. It's an easy way to bring a little bit of spring into your home :-)

No comments: