Technique Tuesday with Kat Glossop

I love playing with fabric...and ink....and paint....basically anything that gets my hands all dirty! Here I’ll show you how I created the background piece for my “My Hand” layout.


I took a piece of calico, arranged two “Love” stamps using single alpha stamps, then used paint to stamp the words over the calico.


Once I was happy with the fabric, I allowed it to dry, then scrunched it up, applied a line of alcohol ink onto a felt applicator, then dabbed the scrunched material over and over, scrunching and re-scrunching.


I then used a new piece of felt on the applicator, added some Alcohol Blending Solution and rubbed it across the fabric, blurring the alcohol ink splotches, until I was happy with the result.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

super cool! i just love this page, Kat!

Zarah said...

Absolutely FANTASTIC! Kat rooooocks!

רחלי גזית said...

So cool.
Thanks.

alex said...

I love the way you are showing your creativity. It is helpfull for me to incurage my self. Such a well written post! Thnx for sharing this article.

SEO Services India

SEO Services India said...

Really nice blog, very informative. Thanks dude for wonderful posting. Keep it up in the future as well. SEO Services India