Member Monday with Staci Taylor

Happy post 4th of July! Hope you had a great one. today's Layout of the Week was selected by Staci Taylor. She chose the layout below by Pearl, also known as "paperfections" on the message boards.
"When I Look Through the Lens" by paperfections


How about getting to know Pearl a little better! Read on!
1. Your layouts are always so full of details - where do you come up with your ideas for embellishing? For this layout , I was basically inspired by Ali Edwards' stamp set - Life in pictures.In that clear stamp set, a retro camera image was included but since I have the new Studio Calico Documentary papers with retro cameras in different styles and colors - I thought I would cut them out instead and use them to reinforce my title - Looking through the lens ...

2. What are your favorite techniques to use? As what you see on this layout - using spray inks - misting & splattering them - I am particularly fond of using more than 3 colors at a time ( if only because I already have these bottles of mists on hand - I have yet to use up a single bottle inspite of using them so much !) .Handcutting of interesting paper patterns , layering & tearing of paper ...

3. Are there any techniques that you've wanted to try but haven't taken the plunge yet? I would love to stamp & emboss on my layouts/creations . The other one would be using glitter powder .

4. What are your favorite subjects to scrap? Definitely my two kids , followed by their cousins - we have one family with at 6 kids ! So that gives my great photo opps at family gatherings / outings .

5. What are the scrapbooking products that you could not live without? Adhesive, my black marker , trimmer , fine tip scissors , mists, paper ( of course ! ) , Prima swirls , lace , trim , buttons ( oh dear , it's hard to stop ! )

Thanks for the inspiration Staci and Pearl!

2 comments:

Karla Smith said...

Pearl you are amazing! I always look for your work in the Gallery. I Love the way you use Mists in your Projects. Congrats!

BabyBokChoy said...

Yay Pearl!!! Congrats