Technique Tuesday with Staci Taylor

Today I want to talk about clustering. Clustering photos and/or embellishments has become a popular design technique in scrapbooking, and it is one that I personally use a lot. I often cluster embellishments around a photo or cluster photos together - I think it's a great way to draw the viewer's eyes right where you want them. In these following examples, however, I get even more specific, and I have clustered frames together. With all the cute frame patterned papers out there, I think it's so much fun to cut into them and layer the frames together.

In this first example, I cut a bunch of frames from a patterned paper by Teresa Collins, clustered them together, and popped some of them up for dimension.



In this next example, I also cut frames from a patterned paper by Sassafrass Lass. Since my background paper was clear, I backed it with cardstock and cut out the center of some of the frames so you could see the clear paper through them. Cutting the center of the frame out is one way you can have fun with frames - you could also decorate them, put embellishments, titles or journaling in them, etc.



Finally, in my last example, I used chipboard frames. This layout was made with the gorgeous April kit from AMM, and I used the chipboard Prima frames to achieve my clustered look.



Whether you cluster frames, photos or embellishments, it's sure to help you achieve a unique look on your scrapbook pages. Happy clustering!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Staci such a gorgeous idea, and I love your layouts.