Technique Tuesday with Staci Taylor

Today's Technique Tuesday is The Anatomy of Card Making. I am not a card making
expert by any means, so I thought it would be helpful for other newbies for me
to show you the steps I took to make this thank you card.




Since this is a shaped card, I first selected my shaped pattern paper, folded it
in half and cut off one of the ends.




I like using papers that have interesting images that can be cut out or layered upon, so I cut this frame out to use as a "window".




Next, I covered the inside of the card with a matching paper so that it would show through the window.




Since I had my "window" frame, I cut out another frame from matching paper to
add to the side since that side was a little too empty for my taste.




Next, I added my sentiment on the inside of the card so it would show
through the window.




My very final step involved embellishing the card. I handcut some small flowers from a sheet of matching paper and added them to a stemmed flower embellishment (using pop dots for added dimension).




There you have it - a few simple steps to make a handmade card for someone :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely!