Technique Tuesday with Zoe Nemburt



Here is a super easy but very effective way to make some handmade flowers with some fabric scraps. You will need your fabric of choice, a sewing machine (or you can stitch by hand), a pair of sharp fabric scissors, Fabri-tac or another very strong fabric glue, some burlap and tulle (these last two are optional)!




1. I cut a strip of fabric 2 inches wide, (actually its from an old scarf I had that I never wear!!) It’s approximately 8 inches long. The longer the strip the larger the flower so keep this in mind. Next fold it in half. I added a little Fabri-tac to the edges to hold in place as I sewed along the edge. Don’t worry if you cant sew straight like me!! You will not see the sewing once the flower is finished.


2. Next cut 2/3 down from the folded edge in even spaces along the whole strip.




3. Start to roll adding glue to the edge as you go, once you get to the end you can fluff out the petals. Add some leaves. I cut mine from burlap.




You can also add tulle for an interesting look. Use exactly the same technique but after you have done step 1 and 2 for the fabric and the tulle, glue the sewed edges together so they roll together.


The other flower you can see is exactly the same but I didn’t cut the fabric. I hope you have fun making some Scrunchie Flowers.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a fantastic tutorial!

Bi Medeiros said...

Such gorgeous flowers, I'll try making them! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel רחלי גזית said...

love it. tfs

Mayumi said...

Love flowers!! Thanks for sharing this fantastic tutorial, Zoe!