Little Something Sunday with Jennifer Longenecker

One of the things that I saw at CHA that caught my eye were these felt flowers from Pink Paislee. Probably not something you would put on a LO intended to go in an album, but how fun would they be to use?




I took a close look at them and it's not too hard to figure out how to make them so I thought I would show you how.

Step 1. Cut a 12x3 strip of felt. Sorry about my ugly color ... I need to restock my felt supply.




Step 2. Fold the strip in half vertically so that you now have a 12x1.5 strip. Pin it in place.




Step 3. Sew it closed.




Step 4. Cut slits down the length of your felt strip stopping just before you reach your stitched line.




Step 5. Start at one end and secure with hot glue. Then start rolling toward you continuing to secure with hot glue as you go.




And here's what it will look like once you are done.



You can change the size by changing the width, length, and thickness of your felt. For the top flower use a die cut machine to cut out a few petals. I don't have anything that will cut through felt so I couldn't show you that step. Keep an eye on the A Million Memories store because all the new Pink Paislee lines will be arriving shortly.

4 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

oh my gosh that is cute!!!!! Thanks for sharing! I'll find something or other to put those on.....lol

Andrea said...

Oh, that's so cute. I'll make make some for my pages and books. Thank's for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [13 Mar 11:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

LisiB said...

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing this tip. This way, I can use the colors I need