What's Up Wednesday with Jennifer Longenecker

This week we are focusing on the great outdoors and today I'm going to show you a quick way to make a super cute book for all those "weird" things you find outdoors that you can't resist taking a picture of.

I started with a Jenni Bowlin book and peeled away the top layer to reveal the rough chipboard underneath for a more natural look. Then I paper pieced together a tree from scrap paper and added a title.




Here's a close up of the tree trunk. I used a brown paper then coated it with walnut ink and let it dry. Once it was dry I added a crackle glaze.




For the inside pages I painted a photo mat using walnut ink then adhered a wallet sized photo. Next I doodled around the photo and added a heart cut from patterned paper and embossed with clear embossing powder.




Here's a look at the rest of the pages. I still need to add a few of our more recent finds, but you get the idea.







No comments: