My Make Shift Idea for Flowers

Hi all! So, I began doing a little fall decorating this weekend. I was super lucky this year and found a huge bag full of fall florals a few months back at a yard sale for just $2.00! It included candle rings, flowers, garland, leaves ~ major SCORE!!! I went to work over the weekend and put together a quick bouquet for our dinner table. The thing that I dislike most about silk flower arrangements is the way that the stems look in the vases. With my summer floral bouquet, my Mom suggested that I fill the bottom of the glass vase with coordinating buttons. It turned out super cute, so for my fall florals, I really wanted something just as creative. What I came up with was using a bunch of scrap lace. Have you seen this one in the AMM shop (only $.69 per yard)?


Well, I took a bunch of this lace and stuffed it in the bottom of the glass vase and really like the way that it turned out. Just gave it kind of a soft look and covered up some of those ugly stems that I was talking about.I then took some sheer dotted trim and wrapped that around the vase into a bow and added the berry candle holder to the bottom.


Do you have any tips and tricks for fall decorating? Share them! Visit our forums and gallery and show us!

No comments: