Dear Lizzy Neapolitan with Rachel Hall

Hello! I am THRILLED to be posting here today with some layouts using the gorgeous Dear Lizzy Neapolitan line from American Crafts.

Here are four layouts that I have made so far- and I still have a lot left over to play with so I am sure there will be more!

The title of this layout and part of the journaling comes from the Jim Croce song, Time in a Bottle. One of my very favorites. This layout includes hand stitching, confetti punching and to get the ruffle along the bottom I wet and crumpled up the vellum until it looked like I wanted it to look. I also added a doilie that I dyed. Peeking out from the photos is some of the adorable trim that Michelle sent.

This next layout was inspired by the title and title work of THIS amazing layout that I pinned on Pinterest. The minute I saw it, I knew that I was too inspired to not create a similarly themed layout. I believe the saying comes from a kids shirt.

Again, I hand stitched on this layout and included a lot of layering. The little rosette trim is cut from the rosette fabric that Michelle sent me and watercolored to get the color that I wanted for my layout.

I used Dear Lizzy ruffle paper as a mat for my photo and base for my title. I also included three doilies. One straight from the package, a hand dyed one and a Martha Stewart shimmer die cut doilie. Peeking out is more of that adorable trim.

I made the title from mixed fonts and added glossy accents to "dad's lucky" to emphasize it. I reproduced a similar layered doily look with the cut out sentiment to balance the layout.

This is a layout that I made for St. Patricks Day. I love how the yellow and greens in the line compliment each other so nicely!
On this layout I used more of my hand dyed doilies (again- I know!) and used my slice to cut out the title, stars and shamrocks.

Here is a closeup of the details in the embellishments.  You'll notice that all the photos are plead upon the ruffle paper which gives a subtle, yet eye catching texture.


And lastly- a new favorite layout of mine.  I really loved the greenish/teal and brownish/grey color combination in the papers and the embellishments and knew that I would make a layout devoted to them.  I added a crocheted doily from my stash to mat the photo and embellishments and paper on as the base of my layout.
For this layout I simply layered some patterned papers and clustered my embellishments.  I added a bow of the gorgeous silver ribbon that Michelle sent and also added a mini cupcake wrapper to the embellishment cluster for something eye catching and a little different.

Thanks so much for peeking at my work here on the AMM blog today- I'm thrilled to be here! :)


No comments: