Layout of the Week with Karen Grunberg

This week's Member Monday comes from Karen Grunberg who selected Lori Gentile's layout, "Four of Us" as seen below. Here is what Karen had to say about choosing this layout. "I love its simplicity. the beautiful photo. the random-seeming yet beautifully placed buttons, and the colors. (Though I would have liked it to have some more journaling, Lori :))"

"The Four of Us" by Lori Gentile

Here is a little interview Karen did with Lori.
1. How long have you been scrapping and what got you started? I have been scrapbooking for 11 years. My cousin showed me her albums and I was instantly hooked. It looked like a great way for someone who was not creative to be creative.
2. What are your must have tools for scrapping? I must have scissors and fabri-tac glue. I rarely use any other adhesive, anymore.
3. What are your favorite manufacturers? This is a tough question because there are so many manufacturers whom I love. I've never gone wrong with Creative Imaginations, Lily Bee, Pink Paislee, Prima, Basic Grey, Fancy Pants, Crate Paper, and Maya Road.
4. What one technique is one of your layouts or projects not complete without? I have to do something with my edges; paint, distress, add ribbon. I can't seem to leave them alone, especially when I see gorgeous pages from designers like Stacy Cohen, who up the ante and crochet on their edges. Who thinks of that? Amazing!!!
5. Where do you look for inspiration when creating? Everywhere. I love magazines, online galleries, and blogs. What I'm finding these days is that I'm inspired by a story I want to tell and then the layout comes together from that. I am more interested in telling a meaningful story than just scrapping a cool picture. I have been influenced to do this by Ali Edwards, Jessica Sprague, Stacy Julian and Karen Grunberg.

Leave Lori some love on this post or directly on her layout in the gallery here.

2 comments:

Chris C said...

Great choice Karen - I've always loved Lori's projects. (And I've already left love a few days ago on your layout Lori!!)

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful layout and its wonderful to get to know Lori better too!