Technique Tuesday with Rachel Hall

Using and Repurposing Found and/or Non-Scrapbook Items for Your Back-to-School Projects

If you look around you, chances are that you can find or repurpose something for use in your scrapbooking of your Back-to-School projects. I find that mini-albums are the perfect thing to use them with as you are freer in being able to use dimensional items.

For this back to school mini album I used crayons and a measuring tape to add that little something extra special to it. I first wrapped some bits of ribbon around three crayons and cut the ends. I then glued them to the spine of the Maya Road Arrow binder mini album to create a unique spine. This album will now look great in or out of a bookshelf or basket and be one that guests will be sure to grab to look at.

In addition to the crayons, I also used pieces of a yellow measuring tape as I would ribbon. Creating borders, tabs and ties. This works great adhered down to your pages and covers and would look amazing sewn on as well.





Other items to think about including in your back to school projects:
Rulers
Pencils
Colored Pencils
Staples
Paper clips
Book Marks
Notebook Paper
I hope you have fun thinking "out of the box" by remembering to look inside your child's school pencil box for inspiration and items to use to create one of kind projects!

2 comments:

Marion said...

This is amazing! I love how you adhered the crayons to the spine of the book! You are so creative.

Marion said...

This is amazing! I love how you adhered the crayons to the spine of the book! You are so creative.