Little Something Sunday with Staci Taylor

Tissue Paper Flowers
Today I am going to show you how to make these pretty tissue paper flowers.

First, start by cutting a strip of tissue paper that is long and skinny (my dimensions were approximately 20 inches x 4 inches). I spritzed my strip with a pearl spray ink to give it some shimmer.


Next, roll your strip up, lengthwise. It was hard for me to get a tight roll since my paper was damp from the spray ink, but a loose roll works just fine.

Next, you are going to take one end of your rolled up strip and glue it down to a piece of scrap paper (liquid glue works best).


Now that one end is secured down, you are simply going to wind the rest of the paper strip around, forming a layered circle.


Once your flower is wound all the way around, glue the end piece of the strip to the side of the flower. At this point, I sprayed my flower a bit more with spray ink, and I fluffed out the layers of the flower.


Lastly, you are now going to cut away your scrap paper, leaving the little piece that the initial end of the flower is glued down to - you don't want the paper to show.

At this point, your flower is complete! You can leave it how it is, or you can embellish it. I chose to add faux pearls to the center of mine.


I also made a couple of smaller flowers to surround my larger flower, simply cutting my initial strip a few inches shorter and about an inch thinner. You can experiment with the size you like best - the possibilities are endless! Now you can attach your pretty homemade flowers to a layout, a card, or attach them to a pin or clip for your hair :-)

6 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

LOVE it!!!! I'm off in search of tissue paper.....lol

Jamie Harder said...

Fabulous tutorial!! Your flowers are BEAUTIFUL:-)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Great tutorial Staci!! Gorgeous flowers :)

gillian said...

These are ADORABLE with tissue paper! Thanks!

lavendarrose29 said...

With all the flower techniques out there, this by far is my favorite, pretty and simple.

Carla said...

I love this! I tried it out and have it posted as the 2nd layout on on my blog post. Thanks for the inspiration!

http://carlarausin.blogspot.com/2010/04/scrappy-shares.html