Little Something Sunday with Jennifer Longenecker

Today I'm going to show you how to make these cute miniture bird cages... To make these bird cages you are going to need some pattern paper, some die cuts, a lid, a brad, some string, and some moss. Step 1. Cut your pattern paper into four thin strips. For mine I cut each strip 8 inches long. Step 2. Punch a hole in the top of your bird die cut and thread some string through the die cute and each of the four strips. Secure the four strips and the string with a brad. Step 3. Grab you lid. I got mine from one of my empty foundation containers. Step 4. Add some moss to the inside of the lid using a hot glue gun. Step 5. Secure your strips of paper to the outside of the lid. Step 6. Add a punched boarder to the bottom of the bird cage to cover up the lid. Step 7. Add embellishments and you've got yourself a super cute mini bird cage just in time for spring. I used the new Crate Paper Neighborhood line which can be found here.

7 comments:

Ana Márquez said...

Beautiful this little birdcage :-) Congratulations

forgetfulteacher said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this cute creation and the idea of how to make it))) I'm one of your constant followers and would be happy to give you an AWARD for all the creative things you inspire me to do! Please come to my blog and take it! thank you once again!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [11 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! How creative. A perfect little craft to do with my daughter in the school holidays

Jean said...

This is so cute!

Unknown said...

This is so adorable. Thanks so much for showing us how to do this!

Unknown said...

Saw your post on ScrapScene and I have to say, this is off the Richter scale of cuteness!